1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help with fixing my Sony Vaio OS problem!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Altf4willfixit, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Altf4willfixit

Altf4willfixit Thread Starter

ok here is my dilema.. so about 6 months ago my friends sony Vaio T7240 crashed and to fix it he accidentally deleted the recovery partition and installed clean an Illegal version of Vista 32bit premium. And as you all know after awhile microsoft finds out and pretty much pulls the plug not updates slower running the whole shbang, anyways he ended up giving me the laptop and for the time being i put a allready in use copy on just to see if i could find away around some problems. so as it sits its all sorts of messed up i have a legal copy of vista upgrade home basic that was used on another comp that isnt running anymore i wanted to know is it possible to use that upgrade on this laptop i now own if i put like win98 on it then upgraded or is taht copy of vista just trash now because the key is in use? or another option would be i have the Vista home premium OEMact preduct key if i got ahold of a premium install disk is it possible to format the HD and clean install with that key or is there another way to use it i am kinda broke atm so the cheapest way to make my comps OS legal would be best and if someone who can help me maybe has Skype or yahoo messenger so we could kinda chat that would be awesome i am fairly computer literate but this has me stumped and i need a real professionals thoughts.

Sincerely,
    KmG

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/913680

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice