1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help with formatting email from Word to Outlook

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by wookietv, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wookietv

wookietv Thread Starter

hi there,

i'm having some trouble with a word doc, then using the built in email to outlook functionality, sending it as a message, not an attachment. attached is the word doc so you can get an idea of what it is supposed to look like (the 7zip attachment "template5 - copy")

and then once it gets to outlook, the text does not respect the indentations and stretches to the window size. so if it's maximized, the text falls out of the limits of the book background (clipboard3 jpg)

and finally, once it does get emailed to outlook, how can i make it so that it's centered in the window? as you can see in that jpg, it hugs the left side. i want that book bg to appear centered aligned to the window.

any help would be appreciated...

thanks

Attached Files:

2. wookietv

wookietv Thread Starter

oh, btw, this is all in office 2007 version, on windows 7.
    thanks

3. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    I do NOT think that the email spec's support what you are trying to do.

Remember that NOT everyone use Outlook or even Word.

4. wookietv

wookietv Thread Starter

the email will be an internal newsletter to which all people getting it will be using outlook 2007, a few have 2010 version now. so as far as formatting it, it all has to be oriented for only those 2 apps.
    and it will all be originating from word 2007.
    so knowing that, is there a way to fix this?

5. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    Since you are using Outlook 2007, it does in fact use Word as the editor. You can NOT change it NOT to use Word.

So, if you can not compose this email within Outlook 2007, then the email spec's does NOT support what you want to do.

You will need to use the Word file as an attachment.

6. wookietv

wookietv Thread Starter

So what you're saying is to try and construct it directly in outlook to see exactly how it will come out when emailed? And whatever I can't do there, can't be done...

7. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    That is right!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031536

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice