1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

need help with getting ringtones to phone via USB from computer

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by Greenseason, Oct 1, 2008.

?

Is this of any use to any one who has similar problems with their cells?

Poll closed Nov 6, 2008.
  1. Do you find it difficult to direct an accessory to your phone from your comp?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Is it possible to use the puters pers. mess. to transfer info

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Greenseason

Greenseason Thread Starter

Hey everybody, I have been put on a family plan that does not have access to internet, but I have picked up a USB cable that connects directly from the puter ( I am running Vista) to the fone and do not know how to get ringtones to my fone (seems simple enough, but that is not the case). I am lost and have no idea as to what to do, can someone please help:confused::confused::confused:? My fone is a Samsung 300 and I have a variety of music proggies that can edit and do whatever with the music, but am just not bright enough to get the info from the puter to the fone through the USB. All of my functions on the phone refuse to work identifying the phone as a connection for a modem only. Is there something I can do to open up the apps on the fone to recieve and DL the info from the puter?I would also like to DL the pictures on the phone to the puter, which seems to be in the same ballpark as the ringtone issue, plus I would really like to have better ringtones than the c**p that I am stuck with now. This has got to be possible, there is communication from the puter to the fone which leads me to believe that I am NOT fighting a loosing battle.
    Lost:( and frustrated:(:confused::(... greenseason.

2. Greenseason

Is this the right group to be asking this question? I am not sure, it sounded as close to what I am needing but I could very well be wrong. If I am in the wrong thread , could some one please point me in the right direction?

3. vicks

vicks

contact samsung. They might have the software needed to do this, free for downloading.
    I know my old Nokia did and our old Motorola razr does too.
    vicks

4. Greenseason

Thanks vicks Ill give it a try.

5. Greenseason

OK, So the weirdest thing happened to me on the way to the forum today...;) I DLed the app they hadfor my phone and instead of my phone saying it is USB connected it continues to run as normal ( it still charges so I know that there is communication to the phone)but I cannot figure out how to get ringers to the phone. I have tried my Roxio, Soundforge, Audacity, and I believe everything else I have with no luck. I cannot find the the phone anywhere in any list from the computer. I am missing something, I know. But for the life of me I am not sure what it is. Could someone point me in the right dir. once again? Please? Do I need to make my own MIDI files then DL those? This thingb is supposed to play everything though. Your direction moved me forward instead of back(my common direction) and I appreciate that, Thank You. greenseason

6. vicks

vicks

Try the following link and ask them how they suggest you do it.
    http://www.samsung.com/us/info/contactus.html
    With our Motorazr v3 i was able to download phone tools that allow you to do that.
    This d/l inclueded icons for the desktop...
    If your phone is equipted with buetooth you may be able to transfer from another bluetooth player. My granddaughter transfers via the bluetooth from one phone to another or from the bluetooth on the computer.
    vicks

7. shannon08

shannon08

I think you can do with the help of bluetooth.

8. Greenseason

O.K. so I went to the local store( of the company who holds our accounts) today and asked the kid behind the counter if there was some way in which to get the computer to recognize the phone as just more than a modem, and after considerable research and consultation he informed me that this was not possible with my phone. It is hard for me to accept that the phone will recognize the computer but will not allow the tranfer of files from one to the another or vice versa via USB cable. Am I on a fishing expedition with a tank and a telephone pole or what?

9. hermes

hermes

Samsung PC Studio 3.2.0 GJ4 will do it surely.

If your phone is on a contract it may have been flashed with a provider specific OS. My brother had a 3 3G mobile and you could not get a picture or video off of it by any other way than to send it as a multi media message over 3G.

10. Greenseason

Thanx hermes I appreciate the advice but spending the x-tra $ is what I am trying to avoid. I am disabled because of an on the J injury w/ a Co. who refused to do their duty and fix something caused by a deaf man working a crane and a project well over 10 months hot(in the red... seriously late). I just don't have the cash to blow on this right now, plus I am trying to get my own small business going in which transferring notes and #'s would be a beni all on its own. So I am desperately searching for a way to utilize the USB cord that I have to transfer info back and forth, plus I would like to personalize my phone to my own tastes. Thanx again, have a good one, greenseason.

11. vicks

vicks

Who is your phone service? I am pretty sure you should be able to d/l the application you are looking for. try this link and see if you can locate your phone/service and see if they have the program for free d/l. I think it is the same link as above. I am unable to fully check the availability since there are so many choices listed there.
    and I do not know the information needed.

http://www.samsung.com/us/info/contactus.html
    Vicks

12. vicks

vicks

Another thing. My Moto razr phone has to be connected to a USB 2.0 port. Our old phone used USB 1.0. might try that.

Vicks

13. Greenseason

Hey Vicks, My M.I.L.(mother in law) has her service with sprint and my wife and I took a little trip to the local store today. Both of the gentlemen who worked there were as helpful as they could be ( and both very nice) but could not find any way to allow me to DL from or to the phone through the USB. The only suggestion they had was to take a 45 min. to 1 hr. drive toward Denver ( which I would rather set my hair on fire ) to a service center and talk to one of the techs there to see if there would be an offhand chance that they would know of a way to do what I want to do. And about the 1.0 and 2.0 USBs this 300 was released only a few years ago and there is definitely a communication going on between the two components, oh plus there was only one cord available for the phone, would I just need to see if the 1.0 is installed on my sys and connect to it or is there some thing I would need to do elsewhere? Always once again, Thanx, greenseason.

14. vicks

vicks

Our older computer only had the USB 1 ports, since there was room I ordered a USB 2 card to put in it. (got it on ebay for about $8.00 as I remember). (this is a desk top pc).
    Here is a link that might help you.
    http://www.komando.com/downloads/category.aspx?id=3359
    I just spent some time browsing the Samsung site and as near aas I can tell they do not support the transfer.(if I had the right model number.
    here is the link
    http://www.samsung.com/us/support/f...rd_ia_cd=01010200&acc_ia_fl=&disp_nm=SPH-m300
    So you live in CO. I have family in the Springs, and Fort Collins area. (we are in NE)
    Vicks

15. hermes

hermes

Its freeware. Google it and there are free downloads available. Exactly what model do you have and what contract? After reading that i'm determined to find a solution.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755029

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice