1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help with Google Chrome!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by DWreck, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DWreck

DWreck Thread Starter

Hello, I am finely tired of having to delete everything manualy with Google Chrome. Google Chrome is a good web browser but without the feature to just "Open" something (Even though the others don't really "Open" they just temporally keep it) its really hard to keep track on what to keep and what to throw away. If possible I would like to use a program but if not that's ok I'll just use the Task Scheduler to do it. But first, I need a Batch File so I think its called that way the Task Scheduler can do its job. I made a Folder called "Google Chrome Temp Files" under "Downloads" and would like to have the Task Scheduler delete those files once a week. Also if someone could tell me how to set up the Task Scheduler to do what I said that would be helpful too. Thank you for all your time and help.

DWreck

2. Koot

Koot

3. DWreck

DWreck Thread Starter

I see that it can delete things like your History. But I cant tell it to delete files in a folder like the one above. I don't really care what I need to do, I just need help.

4. DWreck

DWreck Thread Starter

So far I have found a Script that can do what I want but I have no idea how to use it :

Try to setup the Scheduled Tasks for the VBScript below. Hope it will help.

WARNING!!!: Make sure to backup your source folder before testing. This script won't place your files into Recycle Bin. Since this script base on date created of the file, you should test to delete your files from its original location. If you copy your files to another location the date created will change to the current date then no file match with your criteria to delete.

'-------------- CleanUp.vbs --------------------
    Option Explicit
    Dim fso
    Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    DeleteFiles fso.GetFolder("C:\Test") '<----- Change this folder name to match with your case.
    Sub DeleteFiles(srcFolder)
    Dim srcFile
    If srcFolder.Files.Count = 0 Then
    Wscript.Echo "No File to Delete"
    Exit Sub
    End If
    For Each srcFile in srcFolder.Files
    If DateDiff("d", Now, srcFile.DateCreated) < -7 Then
    fso.DeleteFile srcFile, True
    End If
    Next
    Wscript.Echo "Files Deleted successful"
    End Sub
    '-----------------------------------------------

If someone knows how to use this please tell me.

5. DWreck

DWreck Thread Starter

Well I have now found some programs that do help but I need 2 of them just to work. There is a program call Cyber-D that lets you set up a auto delete for a X number of days, down side is that it doesn't delete .exe flies or .rar files. But to solve that I found Belvedere that does the same thing but it can delete .exe files and .rar files. So why do I have both still because Belvedere doesn't delete folders and Cyber-D does, so I just set them both the same so that way everything can be deleted. It would still be better for me though if I could just use a Script for Task Scheduler that will delete everything for me instead of having 2 programs to delete everything. So until someone can help me understand how to use a Script in Task Scheduler I'll just use the 2 programs.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029289

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice