1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help with home network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by speedfiresrf, Feb 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. speedfiresrf

speedfiresrf Thread Starter

Here's what I got:

One wireless router hooked up to TV for PlayStation 2
    Two laptops with wireless PC Cards (XP Home)
    One Toshiba e740 PDA with integrated wireless (Pocket PC 2002)
    One desktop computer with access point and printer (XP Pro)

The wireless internet is working fine on all devices.

How do I network these devices so I can access my files and printer from all computers?

2. contsi

contsi

Enable DHCP on the router, set each PC to get IP address automatically and share the printer.

3. speedfiresrf

speedfiresrf Thread Starter

How do I enable DHCP, and how do I set up the network?:confused:

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Since your Internet sharing is already working, you obviously have DHCP already enabled, so you don't need to tinker with that. You need to make sure all of the computers have file and print sharing installed, make sure they all have NETBIOS over TCP/IP configured in the TCP/IP advanced settings, and then share one or more resource in My Computer.

If you still experience issues seeing computers in Network Neighborhood for some or all of the PC's, I recommend installing NETBEUI protocol on all the machines in addition to TCP/IP. For XP, the NETBEUI files are buried in the ValueAdd directory on the CD, or you can find several places to download them on the net.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117567

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice