1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

need help with IE remembering words

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by aakj, Oct 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aakj

aakj Thread Starter

my computer got reset and it doesn't remember words like it used to

like on google I would just press one letter like b
    and the b words that I look for would come up

or if a site ask for my name I just press s and my name would come up

thanks
    steve

2. valis

valis Moderator

most likely what happened is your cache got cleaned out, and you need to rebuild it. this is not necessarily a bad thing, sort of a clearing out of the computer's brain. to test it, go to google, and type in tech support guy and hit search. once the results are back, close the browser, re-open it, and type in tech and see if it finds any previous entries. if it does not, then we need to reset it to accept auto fill.

but I would reco testing it first. easier, quicker.

3. aakj

aakj Thread Starter

how do you to reset it to accept auto fill
    tried google and it doesn't remember

4. valis

valis Moderator

which browser? Internet explorer, or firefox? or opera, et al?

5. aakj

aakj Thread Starter

Internet exploer

6. valis

valis Moderator

for firefox, go to tools > options > privacy > click the '+' next to saved form info and make sure that the 'save information' box is ticked.

for IE, go to tools > content > autocomplete, and tick whichever of the 3 boxes you would like IE to remember.

let me know if this works or not.....

7. valis

valis Moderator

dang, you check this as often as I do....not necessarily a good thing :)

8. aakj

aakj Thread Starter

thanks works now

one more thing at the bottom for new windows it goes to all in one once there are 4 or more windows that are opened

I used to be able to have as many windows open without it going all in one window

9. valis

valis Moderator

ahh....windows xp, eh? okay, easy fix for that as well....on an unused portion of the toolbar (that's what it's called, where the clock is is the taskbar), right click. That should bring up a menu with options like such as view, open folder, and at the bottom, properties. Left click on that, you get the taskbar and start menu properties. click the 'taskbar options' tab, and one of the first 5 boxes should be 'group similar taskbar items'....go ahead and make sure that is ticked.

if that solves it, you can mark the post 'solved' at the upper right hand corner....if not, repost and we will tinker with it until we get it done.

v

10. aakj

aakj Thread Starter

thanks for the help valis

11. valis

valis Moderator

glad to be of service, and hope to see you back....great forums for exchanging knowledge....

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/411426

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice