Need help with iframe opacity...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

djcarson

ok.... so what i want to do is have an iframe over top of an image (which i have figured out), but then, i want that iframe to have a lower opacity so that you can kind of see the picture that the iframe is over top of. i've read a ton of stuff about transparency and opacity and i've tried a few different things, none seem to work though. i've been able to change the opacity of the iframe fine, but rather than having my image come through, the bg color (which is black) comes through.

please help and thanks in advance

carson

ps - think of it like a layer in photoshop where you can just change the opacity to have the layer behind it show through.

well I am not too sure, but I think you would have to change the alpha opacity in the code for the page within the iframe. So if your iframe is linkted to "pagename.htm" then you have to use alpha opacity on the "pagename.htm" page, as opposed to the page including the iframe. However, I may be way off track on this one! This is all I can offer is an idea...

Not positive this would work, but you could try:
HTML:
<IFRAME STYLE="filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha(opacity=50);"  SRC="http://www.google.com" WIDTH="800" HEIGHT="600">
to make Google show up in an 800x600 IFRAME that has an opacity of 50%.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online