1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help with internal webcam drivers for Lenovo Ideapad y510p.

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Stabley, Sep 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stabley

Stabley Thread Starter

This has been an exhausting day! I've been trying to figure this out for quite awhile.

To start, I'll post some information.

My webcam was working fine yesterday! I tried doing a system reboot to the the week before that and alas the issue prevailed. My internal webcam is not being registered by my laptop!

So the solution that seemed obvious enough was to check my drivers, update them if necessary. Which I ended up doing. Alas, the issue prevailed.

Checking the device status, I received the error "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer." The device is currently registered as 'Unknown device' as I uninstalled the driver. I was receiving the same error when I did have the original drivers though.

Looking up what the error means, it meant that the device was disconnected. I'm not entirely sure how this could happen though with an internal laptop. I also need to get a new copy of the drivers (Which don't seem to be registering the device upon installation).

Anyway any help would be appreciated as this has become a huge headache for me, and i just want to skype with my friend!

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    It might be that the webcam has failed if everything else has been tried.you can take it somewhere and have it looked at but im not even sure they can be fixed when they go. it might be cheaper just to get an external webcam such as a logitech.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1109422

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice