need help with java

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dvsplayer

hello i need help guys. ok this all started out because a game on my computer isnt working. there tech support says my graphics drivers are out of date and gave me a website to update them from. now on the website theres 2 options. 1 is to download geforce experience but when i do theres a error when i try to open it and the second option is automatically find drivers for my NVIDIA products. now when i click that it says i need the lastest version of java but when i try and download java from the website i get error 1603. i googled that error and i think it means theres java already installed so now im stuck and dont know what to do. please help

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Download and save the TSG System Information Utility (SysInfo.exe) to the desktop.

After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.

Information about your computer will appear.

Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

-------------------------------------------------------

dvsplayer

thank you flavallee for helping me out
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 21 Model 2 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 8092 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, -1 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 1907499 MB, Free - 1544811 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., M5A99FX PRO R2.0
Antivirus: Ad-Aware Antivirus, Updated and Enabled
http://forums.techguy.org/members/36475-flavallee.html

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 21 Model 2 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 8092 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, -1 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 1907499 MB, Free - 1544811 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., M5A99FX PRO R2.0
The most current driver for Windows 7 64-bit for the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 graphics card was released today and is version 347.52 (9.18.13.4752).

Read the release highlights and additional information before downloading it.

Download and save it, then close all open windows first, then double-click it to start the install process.

Select the custom install option so you can select which components besides the graphics driver you want to install.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The most current Java version for Windows 7 64-bit is Java 8 Update 31.

Accept the license agreement, then download the 89.1 MB-size file.
(Second one up from the bottom of the list)

Download and save it, then close all open windows first, then double-click it to start the install process.

If you're prompted to remove any older Java versions during the install process, do so.

-----------------------------------------------------------

dvsplayer

ok so i tried downloading both of them but i got errors on both downloads. i took a screenshot but cant upload it because its to large. so java gave me a error code 1603 and for nvidia it says nvidia installer failed. below it it says

component version status

physX system software 9.14.0702 a newer or a same version of physX
software is present on this computer

3d vision controller driver 347.09 installed

hd audio driver 1.3.33.0 installed

led visualizer 1.0 failed

graphics driver 347.52 installed

nvidia geforce experience 2.2.2 installed

3d vision driver 347.52 installed

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I'm not a gamer and don't install any of the NVIDIA extras (only the display driver), so I can't address your install issue.

Someone else will need to help you.

-------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online