Need help with little icon on IE...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Azjjg

Hey guys and gals,

On IE or Mozilla when you pull up a page, much like techguy.org instead of a blank page there is an icon or picture next to the name of the site.

How does that get on there? I have been looking and looking...

THanks

It is a little image file you put on the root of your web site named favicon.ico

It is a 16x16 image you can rename as favicon.ico upload it to the root of your web site and it will work.

Azjjg

Rockn said:
It is a little image file you put on the root of your web site named favicon.ico

It is a 16x16 image you can rename as favicon.ico upload it to the root of your web site and it will work.
So I have my icon that I want to use and I uploaded it to my server but it did not work.

How do I put it on the root of my web site???

Thanks for the help... :confused:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online