Need help with low FPS on a Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edtion

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

thsavas

Hello i recently bought a Saphire ATI Radeon X00 XT Platinum Edtion graphic card and installed it to my main computer:

Intel Pentium 4
CPU: 2.66Ghz
RAM: DDR 512MB
Hard Drive: 80GBs & 160GB second drive.
Power Supply: 200Watts total output
Windows XP Home Edition

I installed it and tested it and saw low fps so i went back and done some steps to see if it works. (While checking on each step.)

- Lowered all graphic detials on the game to the lowest to see if it raises it.
- Went to ATI and downloaded latest version of the graphic card drivers.

No improvements so i checked the graphic card manual and it said you needed a recommened power supply of 300Watts.

I then went out and bought a brand new system because my computer needed upgrading anyways.

I upgraded to:

Intel Pentium 4
CPU: 2.66Ghz
RAM: DDR 1024MB
Hard Drive: 80GBs & 160GB second drive.
Power Supply: 400Watts total output
Windows XP Home Edition

I also bought a new motherboard to Asus P4P800-E Deluxe.

And out of all that no diffrence to the FPS ingame. The graphics are amazing it all works perfect but my frame rates that i should be getting to what everone says about the graphic card is double less then that.

The game is Counter Strike Source.

Someone please help i have run out of ideas.

Y4J

I get at LEAST 110 fps in Counter Strike Source with everything turned to high and I have a Nvidia 6600GT. What do you get on your stress test?

thsavas

I get 70+ on my stress test, when i create game or join a emty server i get 70 avarage and when i look at the sky i get 120 but normaly i get 20 - 50 nothing higher.

i have no clue as why it gives low fps.

Have you run 3Dmark03? I'd like to see that score. You should be in the 12000 area.

I had a sapphire X800XT PE and to tell you the truth I am happier with my 6800GT.

The sapphire is a nice pretty blue color though. CS is an "ATI-3D" game. You should be doing better. 3Dmark would let us know whether or not you have a BUM card.

thsavas

Ok i am downloading 3Dmark03 then i will tell you what it gives me.

Can you tell me what i should do when i download, also if it doesnt give me that what should i do, if it does then what should i do, i see no way of fixing it if it gives me a bad or good score.

I am going to ask you to download riva tuner and make sure all the pipes are working next.

I am very leary of sapphire. What happened to my X800XT PE would have been fixed if I had bought a built by ATI card. I had a power spike but ATI would have replaced the card. Sapphire said "toooeee to you and your card". :D

thsavas

My score was 11035 Is that bad? i was running quite afew things maybe ill restart and do it again and see if it is abit better.

But i am fine with that score, What should i do now?

By the way, thank you in advance for bothering to give me steps :)

No, That is not bad because you most likely have never set up to bench before.

Do you have the latest chipset drivers for your board?

thsavas

I have no clue about chipsets i havnt actuarly done anything with it, its Chipset 865PE says on motherboard book.

Where would i go to get the latest drivers for it.

All your pipes are fine or you wouldn't have gotten that score. Hang on I am looking at chipset drivers. I'll be back.

thsavas

i searched "865PE" and it showed "http://www.intel.com/products/chipsets/865pe/index.htm"

your link sent me to "http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/filter_results.asp?strOSs=45&strTypes=BIO%2CDRV%2CUTL&ProductID=949&OSFullName=Windows*+XP+Home+Edition&submit=Go%21"

which file do i actuarly download because i dunno which ones not to download.

Y4J

The card you got should have came with a CD. You installed the drivers from that cd right?

And if you have to download newer drivers, you can just go to the companys website and find them there.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online