1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help with motherboard identity.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sellcars, Feb 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sellcars

sellcars Thread Starter

Hello All,
    I have a spare computer that i'am trying to get going. I bought it on yahoo auctions and had a few upgrades done. Before i got it i had 128mb of ram installed, Bios updated, an 800mhz duron processor. Well to make a long story short when i turn it on it goes into bio's, Ok. I go to install an operating system and get a " invalid system disk". No matter what i put in the floppy or the cd-rom i keep getting this message. I installed a new battery and tried new ram, Just in case, Tried a different floppy, cd-rom, HD. I started unhooking stuff thinking maybe. No help. So i was thinking maybe i could go to the motherboard's web site and see if i was missing anything. Of course my luck no name on the board, No number's except E206922 Ps/1. I took the motherboard out to see if it were on the bottom, Nothing there either. Motherboard is gold in color, was made in china. has built in sound and video,2 slots for pci, 2 sd-ram slot's, 2 usb ports on the back. Can someone please help me with this problem?

Thank You,
    E J

2. bassetman

bassetman Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten

3. Rache

Rache Banned

Or you can use Sisoft Sandra or Belarc Adviser (both free) which will tell you everything you need to know on pc.

4. mtbird

mtbird

Go into your bios and ensure that the floppy drive is set to boot first.
    If you are installing the OS directly from the CD, then make the Rom drive the first boot device.

Debe

5. TOGG

TOGG

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119457

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice