1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help with mouse and keyboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gusfraser123, Jun 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gusfraser123

gusfraser123 Thread Starter

Hey all,
    I purchased a PC and it came with a monitor, mouse, and keyboard. The PC turns on just fine and so do the mouse and keyboard, along with the monitor. The problem is that even if the devices are turned on, they don't input anything onto the screen. The mouse LED light is on but there is no cursor. The keyboard doesn't even turn on. I have tried these on my old laptop and they work perfectly. They are both connected via USB.

Thanks.

2. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

Is it a brand-new PC? If so, which OS is installed on it? How long did you leave the PC running with the mouse & keyboard plugged in before you determined they weren't working?

3. gusfraser123

It's second hand and is running windows 10. It's as soon as i turn it on, the keyboard works for about 5 seconds and then all devices shut off and I'm left with the setup screen, unable to do anything.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

How do you know it works for 5 sec ? Were you able to go into BIOS by pressing a key ?

5. gusfraser123

Yes in BIOS I can use it to navigate it. The LEDs on it like Caps Lock also light up for that short period of time.

6. lynx1021

lynx1021

Can you move around in the Bios with the keyboard arrow keys?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1229176

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice