1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need Help With My Friend's Unusual PC Issue- Screen Blinking

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Singaling, Oct 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Singaling

Singaling Thread Starter

Hi, everyone. I am new here. I hope everyone is having an awesome day! I have an issue that is actually my friend online's issue. Her name is Sharky! We all call her than because she always appears and disappears out of nowhere on the Disqus forum all the time, lol. But we do talk all the time.

This is her issue. I have copied and pasted what she told me here. This is how she explained it to me. I have never heard of this problem before. If you all need any more info I will ask her. But this is basically all that she has explained to me. Any help would be really appreciated. The main problem this causes is she can't type her words properly or they disappear when she's typing, or they go missing. And she looks down when she types, so she can't see what's on her screen unless she looks up.

It's very frustrating for her. She is very smart, and prides herself on good grammar and spelling, and this issue causes her posts to look messy and she has to keep editing them all the time. Please and thank you all so much! :) -Singaling

"Anyway, what happens is this - the edges of the window I'm using will blink, as if a window from the back is trying to come forward. But it happens even when I only have only one window open. But when that blink happens it's a disconnect because that's when whatever I'm typing skips letters, words, spaces. So the window is disconnecting for a second or two or however long it is, long enough to skip characters and/or words. There are no loose connections and my keyboard works fine.

My tower is an HP H81234 Pavilion.

OS (C: 652 GB free of 914 GB. HP_Recovery (D: 2.12 GB free of 17.1 GB.

Windows 7. "

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

3. Singaling

Singaling Thread Starter

Thank you. I appreciate your help. I'll go to that section and start a thread there. Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

5. Singaling

Singaling Thread Starter

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218082

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice