1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help with my laptop connected to my HDTV (HDMI Cable)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GamingFanatic101, Apr 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GamingFanatic101

GamingFanatic101 Thread Starter

Hey guys. I have connected my PC to my HDTV (Sansui), and I cannot find an option in the TV for 1:1 Pixel Mapping. I need this because my TV is overscanning my laptops display and the taskbar and other images are cut off the screen. It is also quite blurry. I have the TV's manual here:

http://www.sansuiproducts.com/images/manuals/SLED2280D.pdf

I could not find an option in the manual, but maybe you guys could.

Many thanks.:)

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    The TV manual has some confusing information. The specifications on page 27 state, "Number of Pixels: 1920 (H) × 1080 (V)". That would make me tend to believe the native resolution of the LCD panel in the TV is 1920x1080 pixels. However, page 13 has this warning, "When the PC connected to the HDMI terminal and 1920x1080 resolution (FHD) is selected, the top and bottom, right and left edges of the picture may be hidden on all picture sizes. In this case, use the PC MONITOR IN jack (VGA cable) is recommended to connect"

Do you have the laptop's external display resolution set to 1920x1080 pixels? If so, you may need to try using a VGA connection with a short, high quality VGA cable.

Page 22 of the manual describes how to change the displayed video sizes and has the same warning about using 1920x1080.

3. GamingFanatic101

Many thanks for replying, cwwozniak! I was also confused when reading the manual, and have tried using a VGA cable, and I get a sharp clear picture at the native res of 1920x1080, but I do not want to use a VGA cable, because I need the hdmi cable to carry sound and video at the same time. I only have one audio jack on my laptop, and I need to use it for my gaming headset. This is why I am trying to use the HDMI one. Any thoughts?

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    A headset jack splitter (Y-Cable) could work.

5. GamingFanatic101

Thanks A LOT your help. Could you possibly direct me to one of these cables online?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1123994

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice