Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

need help with Nero CD Burning

972 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Moby 
#1 ·
Hi,
Thanks for help. I have Windows XP and Nero Cd Burning software is already loaded. I have no idea how to proceed to either copy from an existing CD or download music from the internet.
If anyone can provide instructions it would be appreciated, including what sites to go to get music(1952 to 1979 only).
Thanks.
Nick Gill
Naeem2

#2 ·
Hiya

Open up Nero. Follow the Wizard. If the wizard isn't running, start it by clicking the button on the far left: Create a New Complitaion.

Compile a new CD
Next bit.....
Audio CD is for tracks off another CD, ie cda's.
Data CD is for mpg's etc or mp3's
Other CD formats is a mixture.

Pick which it is. I usually burn mp3's, so its Data for me.

Create a New Data-CD

Click Finish.

Now, on the right, just drag the files you want over to the left.

Click the Burn icon, which is 8th from the left.

As for music off the Web, are you taliking about streaming music, or just mp3's? I'm in www.mp3.com at the moment. Having loads of fun downloading, merging, then burning :p

Regards

eddie

#3 ·
Hi,
I am not following your instructions(do to ignorance). The dragging of files...what files?
How do I get the audio music I want to put on my CD from the internet?
Do I go to a music site and save it somehow as a file? and then use Nero to copy the file to the blank CD?
Also, when you say DATA do you mean "words" or music/sound?
Thanks.

Naeem2

#4 ·
to get music off the net download winmx
here
http://www.winmx.com/

This is the program that puts you in touch with others to get music. If it's music your after, you will get music files as mp3 files which are data files. Data files are everything else apart from audio files. Audio files are what plays on a normal cd player in your home, data files are everything else - music, pictures, words, cartoons, you name it, that you play on your computer.
Music files can be data or audio, they are audio on a music cd that you buy (your computer plays them too) and usually data if they are on your computer, although to make things complicated you can have audio music files on your computer too, but they take up 10 times the space as a music data file.
Usually to make a cd from a computer to listen on your home stereo, you are converting data files to audio files.
To make things even more complicated you can also get home stereos now that play data files.
Your computer of course will play all types of files.
Has that made it better or worse for you?

#5 ·
Moby,
Yes, that helps.
I want to download music from the internet that plays on my home CD players, etc...I really have no plan to listen to CD's on my computer, just use computer/internet to get music.
So, it sounds like I need to download from the internet, audio files?
And at some point use my computer to transfer my cassettes and vinyl records to
CD(Sony has some software) to play on my home and travel CD players.
Thanks for any more advice.

#6 ·
yes, from the internet you'll get music data files, not audio. The reason for this is music data files (mp3's) are a tenth of the size hence download much faster. When you have got them on your computer, your burning software (I use nero) will convert them to audio files to listen to on your stereo.
I think your getting the hang of it. It was all confusing for me too once but once you get the hang of it, it's not complicated.
If you want more help, fire away.
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.