1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help with new gpu cords

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SmallBoi, May 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SmallBoi

SmallBoi Thread Starter

Okay so I recently got a gtx 650 that came with a 6 pin to 4 pin molex converter, but my motherboard is a bit old and I have nowhere to plug it in! Please tell me what converters I can buy or what I can to to make it work, thanks! 15260831530231852681579.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Those plug into your power supply, older power supplies, not your motherboard. If your power supply has a 6 pin power connector use that instead, they are found on all modern power supplies that can support higher end graphics cards. What power supply do you have? Can it support the power requirements for the GTX 650? It is a quality 400 watt or higher power supply?

3. SmallBoi

SmallBoi Thread Starter

Well, I hadnt seen anywhere to plug it in on my power supply, ill get a bit more info in a bit

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    If you post a picture of the power supply cables and post the model of the power supply we can offer more help.

It looks like a Dell to me so the stock power supply may need to be replaced.

5. SmallBoi

SmallBoi Thread Starter

It is a Dell cn ogvy79 47890 18r o8e2 aoo if I need a new one, could you tell me what would work for the cheapest price, budget gaming man, you gotta love it

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    265 watt power supply, yeah you definitely need a new one.

Please post the exact model of Dell you have and the Service Tag from the sticker.

7. SmallBoi

SmallBoi Thread Starter

Well the base model is a optiplex 390 but I also have a nvidia 220 in there. Where would the sticker be? XD I cant find it

8. lynx1021

lynx1021

If you have the OptiPlex 390 MT " mini tower, it can take a regular ATX power supply , Yes the minimum requirements for the GTX650 is a 400 watt power supply. If you get a new supply it will have the 4 or 6 pin power connector for the card and you wont need that adapter. Several videos on YouTube on replacing your PS.

9. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1210077

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice