1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help with Outlook Xpress

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by BlueElenorie, Nov 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BlueElenorie

BlueElenorie Thread Starter

Hi all, I am new here. I am running Windows XP2002. The problem is with my Outlook Express, just starting acting up. I have AVG security.
    What is happening is: When I try to send an email with attatchments, or more then 1 picture...the person gets my email 50 to 90 times!! And they can't open it? :confused: I clean out my internet files and cookies, and defrag weekly. This just started about 3 weeks ago. Any help would be so very
    appreciated. Thankyou and have a great day!
    Donna:)

2. artimus

artimus

3. throoper

throoper Trusted Advisor

Hi BlueElenorie and welcome to TSG,

It could be that your Sent Items folder is getting to it's size limit.
    Try moving all the messages from the Sent Items folder into a new folder of your own creation.
    If you use any of the other Default OE folders, (e.g. Inbox, Drafts, Deleted Items) for storing messages, do the same for them.
    Go to the link posted by "artimus" and follow the instructions for "Compact all folders".
    Please post back and let us know if that helps.

T. :)

4. Claymore

Claymore

Two other suggestions:

If you have an anti-virus scanning outgoing mail, disable this "feature".

Your Outbox may be corrupted. In Outlook Express go to Tools => Options => Maintenance tab and click the Store Folder button. Copy the entire path to the store folder.
    Close Outlook Express.
    Go to Start => Run and Paste in the path you copied above.
    Locate the file Outbox.dbx and delete it.
    Restart Outlook Express. A new Outbox is created automatically.

5. srhoades

srhoades

Outlook express has a limit of 2GB per folder. If you come near the limit the program starts doing funny things.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/773089

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice