1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

need help with parameter query

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by pmartinez, Nov 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pmartinez

pmartinez Thread Starter

I want to create a parameter query in which users could enter a keyword or keywords, and it will display all the records with the keywords in it. for example, something like how the search function works on this forum. can that be done? I have made a parameter query but I have to type in the exact phrase in order for it to find a record.

2. Gram123

Gram123

Don't know if it will work, cos I haven't tried it, but could the user type the entry surrounded by the wildcard asterisks?

so instead of having to type:
    pmartinez

You could type:

*martin*

???
    Gram

3. downwitchyobadself

downwitchyobadself

You can really only do it on one field at a time, rather than the whole record, unless you can write some fairly solid VBA code.

Here's how to set up the criteria on a single field tho
    Code:
    Like "*" & [Enter keyword to search] & "*"
    Goes below the column in question.

4. pmartinez

pmartinez Thread Starter

thanks downwitchyobadself, that works exactly the way I wanted it to.

now, I have ran into a different problem. suddenly my command buttons keep coming up with an error. it says:

The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Ambiguous detected:search_Click.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

5. pmartinez

pmartinez Thread Starter

forget it guys, I fixed it. thanks for the help anyways.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58742

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice