need help with parameter query

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pmartinez

I want to create a parameter query in which users could enter a keyword or keywords, and it will display all the records with the keywords in it. for example, something like how the search function works on this forum. can that be done? I have made a parameter query but I have to type in the exact phrase in order for it to find a record.

Don't know if it will work, cos I haven't tried it, but could the user type the entry surrounded by the wildcard asterisks?

so instead of having to type:
pmartinez

You could type:

*martin*

???
Gram

You can really only do it on one field at a time, rather than the whole record, unless you can write some fairly solid VBA code.

Here's how to set up the criteria on a single field tho
Code:
Like "*" & [Enter keyword to search] & "*"
Goes below the column in question.

pmartinez

Originally posted by downwitchyobadself
You can really only do it on one field at a time, rather than the whole record, unless you can write some fairly solid VBA code.

Here's how to set up the criteria on a single field tho
Code:
Like "*" & [Enter keyword to search] & "*"
Goes below the column in question.
thanks downwitchyobadself, that works exactly the way I wanted it to.

now, I have ran into a different problem. suddenly my command buttons keep coming up with an error. it says:

The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Ambiguous detected:search_Click.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online