Need help with ports for PS3/Verizon

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cherman24

Hi all. Thanks for your help. I just found this forum and I'm fairly decent with the computer so be gentle...

I've lived at my house for 5 years now. Always had problems with Verizon DSL. There would be weeks where the modem would not stay connected. The phone lines were full of static. Verizon said it's the modem's problem. I replaced 4 modems and got sick of it. Finally, after 5 years, they had a tech come in and "fix" the lines. Over the last four weeks (never before), my PS3 will kick me off EA's FIFA 13 server and EA's Battlefield 3's server. I do not disconnect from the Internet, the PS3 network, or even the game itself. Just the game's servers. Since both games are from EA, I figured it was a problem on their end. I contacted the company and did everything they suggested...deleted game data, restarts, power cycles, etc. They finally said that it has to be with Verzion. They gave me a list of ports for the router to open for FIFA. Verizon said that they do not open ports because I can connect to the internet (play games, use laptop, iPads, etc). They said I can buy some extra service for $30 to help with ports to open. I figured since I've been in their modem's setting so many times, this is something that I may be able to handle myself (especially if this doesn't fix the problem for $30).

I'm stuck. I have a list of ports for FIFA UDP: 3074; 3659; 6000
TCP: 80; 443; 10000 - 10099; 42127; 3659

and Battlefield 3 TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 10000-10100, 17502, 42127
UDP: 3659, 14000-14016

I am using this website from Verizon http://www22.verizon.com/support/re...ing/troubleshooting/portforwarding/123866.htm

What should I do? Do I open "both" when setting up new rules? I don't understand the choices of "global start" or "global end" What numbers do I put in where? There are only three choices and I don't see how or where to put in all those numbers.

Thanks so much for reading/helping

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts