1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help with RealTek audio driver(s)...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jensinwaikiki, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jensinwaikiki

jensinwaikiki Thread Starter

Over a year ago I got a Sony Vaio, model VGN-C140G, originally ran xp mce. 5 or 6 months in, it crashed and I ended up reformatting and installed xp pro sp2 2600....I've got mostly everything working, but am having a difficult time with audio.

I've (numerous times) installed and reinstalled the drivers from Sony's website, Realtek's website...After intense googling I found that I needed to install an ms hotfix before installing my sound card, so I did that, and continued trying to install various versions of RealTek's hd audio device driver (different forums seemed to recommend different versions to different users, and said that they are all apparently "the one for xp pro")....anyway the versions I've tried are the installation files: WDM_180, 182 and 187.

If anyone has any suggestions for me, I'd really appreciate it. It seems that other people have had this problem, after an upgrade, specifically when switching to Vista, but I'm still in xp...and what works for one person isn't working for everyone else (especially me!) so...

Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/686844

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice