Need help with rgb headers

preet53

Hi so today I was trying to fit my 4 pins 4 to 1 that came with my corsair case, it is 3 fans and the RGB header is fat or something and is not fitting into my mobo, am I supposed to push a little hard because I'm scared I might bend the pins. If I am supposed to not push lightly and push hard please tell me since this is my first time building a pc thank you.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Hello, preet53, and welcome to TSG.

my 4 pins 4 to 1 that came with my corsair case
Can you please let us know the exact model number of the case or provide a clear picture of the "4 pins 4 to 1" you are referring to?

Different motherboards from different manufacturers have different kinds of connectors for case lighting and fans. Please tell us the brand and exact model number of your motherboard.

preet53

My motherboard is a asrock b450
and my 3 in 1 4 pin is from Corsair though I don’t know the exact model
I’ll attach some pictures in a while

preet53

There are the 2 that I’m trying to connect
And that’s my rgb fan header, I’m thinking of buying a cooler master hub but will I need to buy anything else with it? I don’t want to spend 100$ for rgb it seems not worth it to me.

Attachments

cwwozniak

Chuck
my 4 pins 4 to 1 that came with my corsair case
3 in 1 4 pin is from Corsair
Are you referring to two different cables? What is the model number of the Corsair case?

I am trying to sort out the manual for the ASRock B450 motherboard. in addition to the Fan and LED header in your photo, it has two additional LED headers on the opposite end of the board.

cwwozniak

Chuck
I thought getting your lighting working would be easy to figure out, but the more I read about case lighting and lighted fans this week, the more confused I got about ways of powering and controlling them. I have never worked with them and would take a lot more learning on my part before I would be comfortable suggesting anything that I would be sure would work and NOT break anything. I will put in a request for backup on this one.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
As my colleague asked
What is the model number of the Corsair case?
PC Cases | CORSAIR

It is vital we know the answer - On certain corsair cases if you connect the RGB cable to a header on the board that is for 12v LEDS you will blow them as some Corsair and other cases have 5V LEDS

That all said, if you still need help, as you were last on your topic, some five says ago, then when you respond with the details of the case by model number we will be able to advise you correctly
If the case is a full RGB - case then the user manual should include the guide to connecting the necessary cables.

SEE HERE please - note for info only, as we do NOT know your case model and therefore we do not know the RGB setup
Single RGB fan connection confusion... | TechPowerUp Forums

Last edited:

preet53

Thanks for the help but I figured it out, I was plugging rgb to power and not the rgb headers.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Thanks for the help but I figured it out, I was plugging rgb to power and not the rgb headers.
Well sorted - I presume to power on the PSU and not to the headers on the board, that we mentioned
Pleased you sorted it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online