1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help with Roxio 6 cd creator

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by elaureano, May 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elaureano

elaureano Thread Starter

I recently installed this application onto my computer hoping that I would be able to burn CD's. Everything installed properly and the application seemed to be working however when I had all my media ready and clicked the button to burn them a window poped up saying "There are no supported recorders avaliable. Make sure your recorder is powered on and that all cables are properly connected." I realized that my computer was not showing that I had a blank disc in my drive, which in fact I did.

My question is what do I need to do in order to get Roxio Creator 6 to burn me a Cd!?

2. michaeltee

michaeltee

Easy CD/DVD Creator 6 requires "drive updates" from Roxio's support site in order to "see" your CD recorder. While version 6 was active (and for a period of time afterwards) Roxio would release downloadable updates to include the latest burners. My guess would be that they issued their final update between 1 and 2 years ago. So to answer your question, you'll need to visit Roxio's site and download the most recent drive update hoping it includes support for your particular writer. If not, you'll probably have to find an older drive or newer software.

FYI, starting with Easy Media Creator 7, Roxio adopted a new technology that reads the necessary info directly from the drives firmware. This eliminated the need for drive updates as any burner would automatically be supported.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/470848

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice