1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

need help with samsung windows 7 laptop (wifi problems)

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Seriousman, Oct 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Seriousman

Seriousman Thread Starter

Hi, i recently restored my windows 7 laptop and everything went fine. I backed it up and everything. And before i restored it, i used to be able to connect to the wifi automatically. Now, instead of it showing the bars that you see on the bottom of your screen that shows that it can be connected to a network, now it shows an icon of a computer with a red X on it. I have tried several things but nothing seems to work. For example, i have tried "netsh wlan show drivers" on Command Prompt and it just says "There is no wireless interface on the system." I have also tried going on Services and set WLAN Autoconfig to Automatic and i changed the status to 'Started'. And I did the same with Network Connections, Network List Service, Network Location Awareness, and Network Store Interface Service. I have also gone to Network and Sharing Center>Change Adapter Settings. There it just has the picture of a 2 monitors and it says Bluetooth Network Connection, but it says "Not Connected". Someone please help me. Thanks for reading.

2. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

did you install the drivers
    does it work if connected to the router by cable

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Device Manager
    Post back the results in device manager
    You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC.
    Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the screen shot and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

how to access device manager for different windows versions
    http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000833.htm

Hold the Windows key and press Pause key, should open to allow device manager to be seen

on a laptop you may need to use Hold the Windows key and press FN key + the pause key

if this does not work then -

Windows 7 or Vista
    Click on the Start Orb
    In the Start Search box type
    device manager and then press enter

-------------------

Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
    windows 7
    start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
    are there any ! ? or X

post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window.
    1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
    OR
    2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
    ----
    Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Seriousman

4. Seriousman

someone please help me :<
    sorry for double posting

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Download (from the laptop manufacturer's web site) and install the chipset and networking drivers.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1071300