1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need Help with Saving and Using fonts

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by wrenie, Oct 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wrenie

wrenie Thread Starter

I am having a problem with saving and using fonts that I have been sent from the net. I am using Windows XP. Sometimes it works fine, but then other times I can't save them. I get the paperclip in the upper right corner, but when I click on it to save the font is not highlighted so I can't save it. I am also having a problem with the fonts that are sent on a sheet of words that is an example of the font. I can't figure out how to save them either. I am not having a problem with the fonts that are zipped, but I am a little confused about filing and using them. Can anyone help me? Wrenie

2. wizzkid

wizzkid

Hi,

Recently I installed some fonts for a friend of mine and what I did was:

Open Windows Explorer -> in the left hand pane look for C:\Windows\Fonts -> open this folder which will appear in the right hand pane. Open the folder which contains the fonts you want to install then just drag & drop them or copy & paste them in to the windows fonts folder.

Wizzkid

3. wrenie

wrenie Thread Starter

Thank You for your help. I will try this. I have one question, will this affect my windows font folder in anyway? IE taking up too much space??????

4. wizzkid

wizzkid

Hi,

Obviously this will take up a little space but no more than installing fonts in any other way. It won't effect your already installed fonts folder at all. (remember though, if you copy & paste the font, you will have two of the same font on your system, can't remember if it does this with drag & drop (sometimes files do), so delete the one that you have not pasted in to the fonts folder.

Wizzkid

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172354

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice