Need Help with Spyware Problem Please!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jim D.

Today my pc was attacked by spyware which has caused havoc with my computer. As the problem was developing, the software program SpySheriff (which I have never installed on my computer) began to run, and nearly took over. I downloaded and ran several spyware programs such as Ad Aware, SpyAxe, Spybot, and SpyBlaster to remove the nasty spyware and these programs helped some, but my pc is still very sluggish and I’m having problems using Internet Explorer. I also ran LSP-Fix and Winsock XP Fix, but they didn’t help much - if at all.

Somehow my desktop background has been changed to display a black box with red lettering inside which reads, “Spyware Infection.” My home page also has been reset to C:\WINDOWS\secure32.html which gives me a message that begins: “Detected SPYware! System error #384.” When I attempt to open my browser, it automatically forwards to http://www.systemwarning.com/ which is home to a site advertising Spy Trooper and Malware Wipe. It seems my browser has been taken over as it is blocking my use of the Internet. And for some reason I am no longer able to change my Home Page setting from the C:\WINDOWS\secure32.html path that has magically appeared. I am also unable to change my destop background from the one that has magically appeared.

Has this happened to anyone else? What can I do to rid my pc of the spyware problem and get it back to its usual running speed?

Any suggestions or help you can offer will be much appreciated! Thank you.

Jim D.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online