1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

need help with streming live video embedding

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by sziszi, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sziszi

sziszi Thread Starter

hi,

i am a web designer who needs some help understanding how live streaming video broadcasting works. i've never done this before.

live events will be recorded at various locations and transmitted via satelite...i need to put those live videos on the web site but don't really know anything about it.

i know my boss doesn't host the videos on his server so i am assuming that he must have an account (is that how it works?) or do you need a software on your machine? (he used live broadcsating before, so that's why i assume he has an account with soemone...or am i wrong?)

if he has an accout is that an online admin center or what? i really just need to understand how this works...before i learn anything else.

could someone explain me the basics to the point where i have the code to put online...thanks

do i need some info first from my boss (what company or software or what) before i begin?

i am in a real jam, any help would be appreciated!

2. Fyzbo

Fyzbo

When you stream real time video you need a LOT of bandwidth. There are companies that will do this server for you. They feed the video into one server which then transmits it to multiple servers in varying locations(perhaps all of the country or all over the world). These servers then send it out to the users. Many servers in many locations with fat pipes are necessary to ensure that all users will get the content real time.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649820

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice