1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help with the admin password screen for DLink DI604

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ubermensch 2012, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ubermensch 2012

ubermensch 2012 Thread Starter

Greetings, first post newbie here (to the site, not computers). Ok, so I came across a forum that expired. It's entitled "D-link DI-604 won't reset..."; problem being none of those solutions worked. I'm 99% sure that I've restored the default settings correctly. I go to the browser address, and cant get past the login screen. I've tried no password, "password", and even "null". But nothing has worked. I'm afraid I don't have the software CD either and need to know if it's needed. I've been trying to update it's firmware.
    All of this is to solve a bigger problem of needing to change my i.p. address, im pretty sure I've been clickjacked (happened on Google searching for Dell stuff) and hoping that would be a quick fix. Any help on that issue would be appreciated as well.

2. ShadowProwler420

ShadowProwler420

Default login info is:

User name: admin
    Password: [BLANK] (no password)

DISCLAIMER: I'm assuming by the lack of any mention of doing so, you are not putting anything in for the User name. ;)

3. ubermensch 2012

ubermensch 2012 Thread Starter

I didn't mention it, but i did use the admin username as thats the only username im aware of. I've tried administrator, but i knew it wouldn't work. I've heard of the password not always being blank by default.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You, of course, can double check ShadowProwler420's info in your user manual. If you didn't copy that to your hard drive before losing the CD you can download it from D-Link's web site, support section.

The manual will also describe how to reset the router to factory default settings in case you set and forgot the password.

5. Jason08

Jason08

If you can't get into the router to reset it, you can take a paper clip and push that in the button next to the WAN line (at least, that's for the DI 524 I have, and they should be similar enough.)

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Jason08, some people don't realize that simply pushing the button is a reset (very similar to a power cycle) and that holding the reset button for 20 seconds or whatever is required for a reset to factory default settings. :) Just suggesting that you could make your helpful posts even more helpful by telling them the additional timing info.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759656

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice