1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help with these two laptops

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by YOLO78, Feb 17, 2020.

Advertisement
  1. YOLO78

YOLO78 Thread Starter

I have two options for buying a laptop:

1. Acer Nitro 5 with 8th gen Core i5 8300H, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD + 256 GB SSD, and 4GB nVIDIA 1050 ti

https://www.amazon.in/Acer-AN515-52...FWKSEXARYB4&psc=1&refRID=G86D5R1AVFWKSEXARYB4

2. Dell Inspiron 15, 10th gen core i5 10210U, 8gb RAM, 512 GB SSD, and 2 GB nVIDIA MX250

https://www.dell.com/en-in/shop/lap...rationid=890ea970-ebd5-4881-a805-0188ce09a2fe

Which one will perform the best as in fast boot up, launching and running programs, and also which one among these two has the best display?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Clipboard1.jpg Clipboard2.jpg

These are the performance ratings for the processor(CPU) and graphics(GPU) in those 2 laptops.
    The Acer Nitro 5 appears to win there.

I'm disappointed that both laptops have only 8 GB of RAM.
    At least 16 GB would be preferable.

I'm not a hardware expert nor a gamer, so I'll leave you with the hardware/gaming experts here to give you more advice.

If you can provide webpage links to those 2 laptops, it will be helpful to them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

3. YOLO78

YOLO78 Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply! I have another 8GB ram with me. Maybe if there's another RAM slot, I can use that as well.

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Thanks for editing post #1 and adding the webpage links for those 2 laptops.

The Acer Nitro 5 supports up to 32 GB(16 GB X 2) of DDR4-2400 RAM.

The Dell Inspiron 15 5590 also supports up to 32 GB(16 GB X 2) of DDR4-2400 RAM.

Depending on whether they come with one 8 GB module or come with two 4 GB modules will determine if you can add that 8 GB module (if it's compatible) and increase the total amount to 12 GB or 16 GB.

----------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1240366

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice