1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help with this Scenario to Share an Internet Connection

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Brndnjng, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Brndnjng

Brndnjng Thread Starter

I was wondering if it would be possible to share an internet connection in this scenario. Here is my situation; I have a neighborhood WIFI connection which I can access the internet with Airport on my Mac laptop. Unfortunatly the signal doesn't reach some of the PC's in my house. I was wondering if it would be possible to share my internet connection that my Mac has with my PC's via erthernet cables as as a LAN or so. If it is possible how can my computers up to work like this? Thanks in advance.

2. Rockn

Rockn

Get yourself a wireless bridge. Your bandwidth will be pretty crappy though.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Neighborhood WiFi Connection? Is that AKA a neighbor that doesn't know about wireless security yet? :D

4. Rockn

Rockn

LOL...that is what I was thinking!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/470459

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice