Need help with Two PCs connecting via network cards and cable

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

the_gould

hi

I have connected two pcs ( both using XP PRO sp2 ) with 2 pci network cards and crossover cable. its set up fine but on the pc not hosting the net connection i can not get acces to the net - i can view files but thats all please please help.

TerryNet

Terry
It sounds like you have a firewall preventing such access, or that you did not set up Internet Connection Sharing (ICS). There are tutorials on how to do this through the Help and Support Center.

right click on each hard drive or folder you want to share and tell them to share. You can limit each computer as to what you want the other to share.
doesn't sound like a firewall problem but make sure they are not using the firewall..Its ok to use the firewall on you internet, that shouldn't effect the connection or each computer.
Hope this helps

Right click on each hard drive or folder you want to share and tell them to share. You can limit each computer as to what you want the other to share.
doesn't sound like a firewall problem but make sure they are not using the firewall..Its ok to use the firewall on you internet, that shouldn't effect the connection or each computer.
Hope this helps

TerryNet

Terry
Beg to differ, awwitsok, but if the computer with the internet connection has a firewall that is blocking internet access by other computers then it IS a firewall "problem" that "on the pc not hosting the net connection i can not get acces to the net."

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online