Need help with video card problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Revengeo

Hello this issue is such a nightmare that I haven't been able to find my solution to this problem. I recently bought a new graphics card ( Sapphire Radeon HD 5450 ) to replace my old integrated graphics card on my computer ( HP Pavilion Model a6157c). I first thought the problem was my PSU so I bought a Cool Power 700W Performance series. Well to my luck the problem persists. Whenever I plug my VGA cable to my new graphics card my monitor stays on " Going to sleep " but when I plug it into the motherboard VGA spot it starts up but doesn't acknowledge that the video card is there. I am not super smart with computers so I am lost. Please help me with this issue.

dai

see if you can borrow another power supply to try in it

dai

can you change the one you bought,some suppliers will take it back for a small restocking fee and don't charge it if you buy another one

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online