1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

need help with win.ini /info32.exe

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Jenn1979, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenn1979

Jenn1979 Thread Starter

When I start my computer i get an error box that says__

Cannot find the file info32.exe(or one of it's components)make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available.

I then hit the ok button and get this next message stating

Could not load or run 'info32.exe' specified in the WIN.INI file. make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the refrence to it in the WIN.INI file.

My question is: Is it safe to remove that line ? I know where it is i found it but i dont want to mess up my computer

Can there be something i can download to fix the problem? Ever since this happened my computer has been running strange I type slow and when i surf the next it goes slow and i get page problems if someone could help me i would really appreciate it Thank You for Your Time.

2. BillC

BillC

I've read that running CoolWebShredder will grt rid of this problem. The link will go directly to the d/l.

3. Styxx

Styxx Banned

It's safe to remove the line in question if the program no longer exists on your HDD (if you removed or uninstalled it).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170182

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice