1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help with WinFax Pro

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by columbo, Dec 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. columbo

columbo Thread Starter

Hi Everybody,

I have several clients attempting to use an older version of Symantec's WinFax Pro. The specific version is WFP for Networks ver. 4.1.

The only problem we're experiencing is when anybody tries to send a fax to more than 30 people, the system freezes up, and the fax isn't sent. I don't know if there is a setting that I need to change somewhere, or a patch that I need to apply, or if this is just by design.

If anyone could give me some suggestions, or even just point me to a relevant knowledge base, that'd be great. As this is an older application, I've had difficulty getting any info from Symantec.

Thanks ;)

Columbo

2. Rockn

Rockn

Probably a resource issue on the PC or server sending the fax...if I remember correctly the "fax server" had to be a Win95/98 PC as it wouldn't work on NT. I would up the memory on the box acting as the server and also chech symantecs knowledge base.

3. columbo

columbo Thread Starter

Hi Rockn,

Thanks for responding.
    The system in question is a Win 98 PC, with 128 MB of RAM. I am sure that this is sufficient, and I've tried reloading the software and fax/modem drivers on this system. I've also altered the baud rate to Symantec's recommendation, and still no luck. I am by no means an expert with WinFax :( . I've dowloaded some program and file updates from Symantec, and I'll try applying those to see if they make a difference.
    I'll let you know how things go.

Thanks again,

Columbo :)

4. Rockn

Rockn

How does the hard drive space look on the PC in question? Set up a system monitor on it to monitor certain resources like memory, disk cache, hard drive space, swap file, etc and then send a fax and watch which resources go kaput. It is probably a memory and cache hog so I would monitor those.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61290

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice