1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Faded_Sinner, Aug 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Faded_Sinner

Faded_Sinner Thread Starter

Ok so heres the deal, a while back i downloaded Google Chrome and all was well. Then my grandmother decided she no long liked it and try to delete it. In the proccess of her technical adventure she removed a few other things i think. When it no longer worked she gave it to me, well i tried getting on the internet and a message popped up sayin www.microsoft.com is not pragramed to establish a connect to port www.worldwideweb.com or something along that line. Well i had a friend check it out and they did something and it started to work. i could get on the net and all the but some of the pages id visit were out of order like words or banners would be in the middle of my screen and i cant download or install anything. I tried giving it a service update but when i did it went back to not allowing me on the net again so i did a systems restore and restored it to a later date. Id like to know how i can fix this so i can give it the service update and install updates for other programs i have and download any i want. Can anyone please tell me whats wrong with this computer.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

So the last thing you did was a system restore. What is it doing wrong now, after the restore ?

3. Faded_Sinner

after the restore i was able to get on the net but some of the sites i go to are all messed up and i cant download or install anything at all. not even the updates for programs i already have.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

Which browser are you using ? If you are using Internet Explorer, you can try this: go to internet options > advanced > Reset button.

5. Faded_Sinner

It's the computer not the browser

6. Faded_Sinner

And don't think i just brushed off your advice i went ahead and tried that and nothing changed i'm hear for advice so of course ill take all i can get.

7. j0hnx777

j0hnx777

Open a command prompt and type sfc /scannow

8. Faded_Sinner

wont let me. Says i need to me an administrator running a console session to use the sfc utility.

9. ProMedic

ProMedic

I would start by checking the event log for any errors and run a full anti-virus scan.

10. j0hnx777

j0hnx777

Well, try right clicking on command prompt and select run as administrator. Then try sfc /scannow

11. lunarlander

lunarlander

Right click on the command prompt, choose Run as admin, then type in 'sfc /scannow'.

12. Faded_Sinner

ok so i did that and this is what popped up "Verification 100% complete. Widows Resource Protection found corrupted files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log Widir\Logs\CBS\CBS.Log." now what

13. j0hnx777

j0hnx777

Well..I guess what does the log say?

14. Faded_Sinner

access denied

15. j0hnx777

j0hnx777

What browser are you currently running and what version is it? Have you tried upgrading the browser?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!