1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need Help!

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by j_vincent_01, Oct 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. j_vincent_01

j_vincent_01 Thread Starter

When I start MS Word normally the screen usually displays the the normal things that I see like the blank white space that I write on. But the next day something appeared and looks like a symbol(See Attach File). And I could not delete it!
    Question: How can I remove the freakin symbol!

P.s. Sorry for the bad grammar cause I'm frustrated with this problem hope you can help me

Attached Files:

• w.jpg
      w.jpg
      File size:
      33.9 KB
      Views:
  2. RandyG

RandyG

Go to Tools, Options, View tab, and remove any ticks in the Formatting Marks section. That symbol is the Paragraph Mark, and the dots show where spaces are. I think you may have All ticked in that area.

3. j_vincent_01

j_vincent_01 Thread Starter

(See Subject)

4. RandyG

RandyG

I'm not too sure which subject i am meant to see, but can i assume that means that your problem is sorted?

5. THoey

THoey

Just hide the paragraph characters by clicking on this button in the menu bar:

[​IMG]

Basically the same thing said before by Randy, but a different way of doing it.

Attached Files:

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172086

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice