1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

need help!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Jennifer2222, Apr 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jennifer2222

Jennifer2222 Thread Starter

i have a couple questions........im having a problem with right clicking.... i go and try to right click anything even on the desktop my mouse flips out and i get a whole lotta internet explorer pages or i try to shutdown a program in my icon tray it wont let me and it doesnt do this all the time it goes in and out and i was just wondering if anyone could help me or if ive been hijacked cause that has happened before but im just not sure with this...

2. shadowcat

shadowcat

Hello and welcome to TSG! :D

Sounds like you may have been hijacked... Download Spybot Search & Destroy and Ad-Aware -- install both programs.

Download all updates for each program before running them (for Spybot, click on "Search for Updates" then look for the button that says "Unido(Europe)" -- change it to the USA mirror site.)

Reboot after using Adaware and Spybot.

In AdAware, after updating it, click "Start", click on the circle (making sure it is green or has a green check in it) for "Custom Scanning Options", click on "Customize" next to it, click on the circle for "Scan Within Archives", "Scan active processes", "Scan registry", "Deep Scan Registry", "Scan my IE Favorites for banned URLs" and "Scan my Hosts file". Click "Proceed".

Now, check/click on the circle "Activate In depth Scan" and hit "Next".

Have the programs fix anything they find.

Finally, download Hijack This, run it but do not fix anything yet, save it as a .txt file, copy the Hijack Log and post it back in this thread.

3. Jennifer2222

Jennifer2222 Thread Starter

i already have ad-aware and i did get spyboy search and destroy and i ran it and it only found like 9 items but i deleted those..... and that hijack thing i downloaded that and i saved it and i posted it in the Security forum and someone helped me... and they told me what to delete and it seemed to work had no problems for awhile then it happened for a couple seconds and stopped and right now it seems to be ok also so i dont know if its totally gone or not ...

4. Bengaul

Bengaul

Do these come up even if the browser is not open?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223554

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice