Need Help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Willie53

I am a novice computer user. My home computer keeps giving me an Internet Explorer pop up boxed message that "an error has been detected and explorer has to close has to close." It gives me two choices on where to send an error report to Microsoft. After I click either "yes" or "no", I get "booted out of Explorer. This happens quite frequently with decreasing time between events. Please Help if you can. Thanks so much!! :)

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
Hi Willie53
Welcome to TSG :)

Does it indicate a certain file or .dll that the error occured in?

When it gives you the choice to send the error or notm, you can usually click on it to see the details of the error.

Willie53

the file name that comes up in the error message is

C:\docume~1\William\Locals~1\Temp\4dad_appcompat.txt

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
Just to rule out any infection, let's see a Hijack This log.

Download it here: http://thespykiller.co.uk/files/hijackthis_sfx.exe

Let it extract to C:\Program Files

Close out any open browsers
Launch the program
Hit "do a system scan only"
When that finishes, hit "save log"
The log will open in Notepad
Copy & paste that log into this thread

Do not fix anything yet

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online