Need Help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

otmir

Dear Friend,
My Toshiba Combo model SD-R1002 does not accept every media to read and write. Its really bother me.Please help me get out of it.
Regards,
Omar

So, are you saying it works with some media but not with others? ("does not accept every media to read and write")

Which ones work and which ones don't work?

Good Evening Otmir, I suspect you have found some brands of disks cause problems.
This kind of thing can be caused by the drive "firmware" not registering some brands of media properly. The firmware is software which is retained in the drive to allow optimum burn power settings etc., which is read from disks before beginning to use them.
There are methods of updating this firmware, but it can be risky if any error occurs during the update. The alternative is to remain using known suitable branded operational media.
A second possibility is that your drive is dying.
A loss of read sensitivity often happens with various media as the thing ages.
qldit.

otmir

For writing cd it usually accept Mitsubishi chemical brand blank cd but not every time.

It sounds like it's dying.

As the laser gets weak, the ability to recognise and use the media fails. Not repairable, a new drive is cheap.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online