1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help ><

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Foxhound31, Aug 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Foxhound31

Foxhound31 Thread Starter

Okay, so I start up my computer and everything goes normally, then it gets to the windows logon screen, the account has no password so normally it shows the words WELCOME and boots into the desktop, now it just freezes on the blue logon screen with the windows XP logo.

Below are pictures i took with my cellphone cam to show what is going on.

P.S. i cannot boot into safe mode either.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

Hi, Welcome to TSG!!

Is it possible to change the user to Administrator and log on?

Do you have the installation CD?

3. Foxhound31

Foxhound31 Thread Starter

Hmm CD Drive is busted so thats no good

and no I can't boot into safe mode...

4. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

With a busted cd-rom drive the fix for this can not be done. You are going to have to fix the drive and here is the fix for it and please print it out for reference

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install = http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Before doing this I would suggest backing up all of your important data and burning it to a CD-R or DVD. And when you replace the CD-ROM drive I would suggest replacing it with A DVD-Burner this will burn not only DVD's but CD-R's as well.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489956

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice