Need helps setting up network passwords

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

videocheez

I have three pc's on my little wired home network. I want to set it so that a password in required to be able to access each pc. I would like any pc to have administrator privleges on any other pc but i still want a password to be required. I'm running xppro on all thre comps.
I keep trying using simple and then non siple sharing but am having no luck.. I had it working in the past but i'm not sure how. Any assistance wil be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

VC

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Just setup three accounts on each machine that match the logon name/password for each machine. Give all the accounts admin rights on each machine.

Accounts:

name1/pass1 (machine 1 login)
name2/pass2 (machine 2 login)
name3/passe (machine 3 login)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts