Need info about Sony TV/VCR combo

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

twink

I'm thinking if I can find some possible solution to my VCR problem, my video capture problem will disappear into fine mist.

I have a 1996 Sony VCR/TV combo with auto tracking and RCA plugs that only accept input (no output). I have many many video tapes that were recorded on this tv and they still play just fine on it. On other VCRs they don't play well at all--jumping and rolling and whatnot on the playback. Which poses a problem for video capture. I have gotten explanations as to why this might be happening but that doesn't really solve my problem.

So the question is, posted once again, in a different forum, is there any way possible in the world to convert an input RCA jack to an output anything at all (RCA, S Video, whatever)? Any way at all??? Converter plugs? Putzing with the menus? Anything?

The second question is, is it possible that if I went out and bought a straight up Sony VCR without attached TV (I'm using an Emerson right now) that the playback would be cleaner? I would be more than willing to do that. Just not if I'm not sure it would solve the problem. All I need is one vote for "yes". Walmart is highly liberal about exchanges. I just dread all the effort if it turns out to be for not.

Thanks for the help. Any suggestions at all are welcome. :D

Couriant

James
I haven't heard of an input being converted into an output. I think the input jacks are one way only.

I never have had a problem with SONY products, though video capturing is not my forte. If you can return it without a hitch I say go for it :)

One thing came to mind, could the problem be your capture card?

twink

Tidus4Yuna said:
One thing came to mind, could the problem be your capture card?
Except that professional quality video tapes capture just fine. And some, newer videos or ones recorded on other VCRs we have owned don't produce this same result.

I think I might just give it a shot. I think Sony is probably higher quality anyway. Thanks.

Couriant

James
(y) OK :) Just checking to see if you can get a clean capture.

SONY should do the job :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online