1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

need info on modem for DELL Dim. L866

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dbay, Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbay

dbay Thread Starter

my sister's dell, pretty old machine running Win Me, got its modem fried by a power surge ...it was a Contexant HCF 56k v90 ....i'm unable to find that particular model online(i think it has been discontinued)could someone suggest a suitable replacement ...AND would i need to download or buy a new driver for the new one.

2. Paladin-X

Paladin-X

Any PCI modem should work just fine and it should come with either a floppy disk or cd with the driver on it(that's if you bought it new)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325515

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice