Need info quick

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rustheman

Couple of questions that may not go any futher than question number one.

1. Can a XP Home Edition PC be hooked up to a network using the Novell Client?

2. If so, where can one download IPX.

3. If any other info would help, please feel free to share.

Thank you,

Rus

I would think XP should be able to do IPX, did Microsoft stop supplying the IPX drivers with XP? IPX isn't nearly as popular as TCP/IP, so its possible they don't supply that driver with their newer OSes.

Since IPX was THE Novell supported networking protocol, I'd try looking there. Actually, I'd probably google for 'IPX XP' to start with...

-Scott

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I suspect that XP-Home, which is not able to connect to domains, may have a similar issue with Netware networks. Microsoft assumed that anything more than workgroup computing would be donewith XP-Pro.

johnwill said:
I suspect that XP-Home, which is not able to connect to domains, may have a similar issue with Netware networks. Microsoft assumed that anything more than workgroup computing would be donewith XP-Pro.

Right~~
i tried before, home edition can't connect to domains !!

rustheman

Thanks for the help guys but it seems it was a lost cause. XP/HE doesn't come with IPX as an option(only TCP/IP) and I couldn't find anywhere to download IPX, or if is even able to be downloaded. The customer I'm helping will just have to upgrad to Pro for this one.

Thanks,

Rus

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online