1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need information!!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by bluesnooks, Jan 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bluesnooks

bluesnooks Thread Starter

Hi, I really should know how to do this but apparently I'm not that savvy when it comes to computers.
    I'm trying to do this puzzle which has so many levels, and what I want to know is, how do I keep that window open, as when I go looking for clues on google I lose the puzzle page I'm up to and then when I have an answer I have to keep hitting the back button to get back to the puzzle so I can put the answer in.
    I know there is a way to keep this puzzle window open after I go into other sites, but I am at a loss how to do it.
    Hoping someone can understand what it is I'm asking.
    Could someone also tell me how to save the puzzle in My Favourites.
    Appreciate any help. :)

2. sekirt

sekirt

No one can give you an exact answer with only the information you posted. Depends how the "puzzle" game is set up. Maybe a link to the puzzle in question would help?

As to opening additional windows, right click a link and choose Open Link in New Window.

sekirt

3. bluesnooks

bluesnooks Thread Starter

The puzzle has 100 levels with picture and word clues. You have to answer a level correctly before you can go onto the next level.
    So if I'm up to level 40, and I'm googling for an answer for that level, then I have to keep hitting the back button to get back to that level 40 to be able to put the answer in.
    The link to this puzzle is http:/www.qwyzzle.tk/
    When I've clicked on here, I have right clicked to open up in a new window. and I see it down in the task bar, but when I go into google sites than the puzzle level disapears, and the google sites come up instead.
    I'm sure I must be doing something wrong, other than that this is all I can tell you.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

4. sekirt

sekirt

What OS and browser (Internet Explorer/Firefox/other) are you using?

If IE is your browser:
    1) You open window #1 and go to the puzzle.
    2) On your taskbar, in the Quick Launch portion, you should have an IE icon. Click that to open a new IE window #2.
    3) When that is open, go to Google (or wherever you want).
    4) If you want to retain the Google page, when you click on a link, use right click and choose "open link in new window" - that would be window #3.

If you don't see Quick Launch, right click the taskbar and activate it.
    If you use some other browser, someone else will have to provide details.

sekirt

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/433711

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice