need larger

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

laurfar

We just got a new PC, monitor, and OS. Had win98se, now have XP pro. On IE when we made Yahoo our browser, the toolbar words and toolbar icon pics look much smaller than before and that is a prob for my husband who is legally blind. I have already increased the size of the icons on the desktop and also in the start menu list, but have no idea what to do to increase size of the items on the IE/Yahoo.com tool bars at top of page ie: File, Edit, View, etc. And also the back/forward/refresh/stop/ and home icons up there. Can anyone help? Thanks

I dont know if XP Pro has the Accessibility Wizard that is available on XP Home but try this,
Start
Programs
Accessories
Accessibility
Accessibility Wizard.

You can read about it with...
Start
Help
Accessibility.

Click view, toolbars, customize. In there, you can set the icons to large size I believe.

Or, you can use the magnifier, which I think Kath100 is pointing you towards. Start>Programs>Accessories>Accesability>Magnifier.

Scorp.

laurfar

CS Scorpion,
the path you gave me to toolbars is a great idea, but I found that it was already set to "large"
icons, so that couldn't help me, thanks anyway. Also, don't want the magnifier. Still trying to find out how to get the toolbar on IE to have larger icons, and maybe larger print. Anyone else have an idea?? Thanks too to kath100 for your thoughts.

Well, you could reduce the desktop size. You are probably at 1024 x 768 right now, so you could go down to 800 x 600. That would make everything bigger on the screen. Only thing is, is you have an LCD monitor, it will complain, but you can safely ignore it.

Scorp.

laurfar

Can't reduce the desktop size since we just bought this larger LCD monitor so that when he uses IE he can enlarge the font size. When he was doing that in the past on the smaller monitor, he could see so little of the thing he was reading because the font was so large that it only showed some of the written text. Now, with this larger 19" monitor he is able to view the things he is reading and not just some tiny portion of it that has been enlarged. I guess there is no solution to making the tool bar icons and words any bigger. I want him to use Mozilla Firefox, because that has a "theme" which provides larger icons for the toolbars, but for now he wants to stay with IE. Oh well.................I'm trying:)

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
One of the disadvantages of LCD displays is the fixed pixel size. That's why many folks with poor vision are sticking with CRT displays, you can set the resolution to any value you like and fill the screen...

laurfar

Thanks, I decided to go to using "Opera" instead of IE, and am able to adjust the size of the font and the icons. Like it!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online