1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

need macromedia flash player...

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by LL2227, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LL2227

LL2227 Thread Starter

just bought a new sony mini dv..after installing the software and driver in my pc the picture package application won't open and says it needs macromedia flash player,i knew i had one already but when i check the installed programs it wasn't there anymore so tried to download from websites that i've search and everytime i click download it opens to adobe flash player..i've downloaded it though the picture package software still won't work because it needs 'macromedia flash player'. i've spent so many hours searching for macromedia flash player 6 or 7 but to no avail it all links to the adobe website?are they just the same...please...please help!

2. baaddgurl

baaddgurl

adobe has bought macromedia ...they are one and the same .:)

3. Blink182

Blink182 Banned

Yes Adobe (formerly) Macromedia has a new flash player:

Adobe Flash Player 9

But because you want Macromedia Flash i have attached two standalone installers:

*Flash Player 7
    *Flash Player 8

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Go here so you can download and use the uninstaller for getting rid of any leftover version 6, 7 or 8 versions. Once you've done that, you can install the most current version, which is 9.0.16.0. You can download it from here.

Adobe has indeed bought out Macromedia, so it's now called Adobe Flash Player.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. chrishteenie

chrishteenie It's My Birthday!

I have this problem too. But while I install Flash 8 it says it shows this:
    [​IMG]

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Adobe(Macromedia) Flash Player 9.0 should install in

C:\WINDOWS\System32\Macromed\

and not in C:\Program Files\Macromedia\

You didn't mention which version of Windows you're using.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7. chrishteenie

I have XP. I'm going to redirect it there and see what happens. Thanks.

8. chrishteenie

Okay I just tried and it didn't work, same message. My Picture Package still says I need to install Macromedia Flash Player to run. Since I already have Flash 9 I thought of getting Flash 8 but no luck on installing.

9. lister

lister

10. chrishteenie

I already treid that over 3 times, nothing. It shows that animated "You have downloaded successfully" thing.

11. lister

lister

What browser are you using? If you go to the site with a non IE based browser (eg: firefox, Opera etc) it will install a different version than the one used for IE.

Your picture package may need to use IE, in which case you will need to go to the site using IE, and install that version.

The animation shows that it is installed correctly in the browser. After installing Flash Player; Try uninstalling the DV software, reboot and reinstall.

Of course it may be that the software will only recognise the name 'Macromedia' Flash player, in which case you may need to update the software from the manufacturers site (if an update is available) - or contact Sony.

12. chrishteenie

What do you mean DV software? I use IE. The Picture Package used to work, but I accidently uninstalled Flash 8 thinking it don't need it anymore since I have Flash 9. It wasn't until I wanted to upload new pics to see that I actually needed that Flash 8. I'm guessing that's what the Picture Package runs by so I need to install the old one or redirect one of my Flash files, but I need your help for that.

13. lister

lister

I got you confused with the person who started the thread - a reason why you should start a seperate thread for your own problem.

14. chrishteenie

Sorry. I'll post in the digital photo thread.

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482415

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice