Need More disk space

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ram911

Ray
First off thanks to Tech Support Guy's for the HAPPY BIRTHDAY e mail this morning and all the good info I get from reading thru the forums...

My question tonite concerns removing linux Mandrake from my C: drive so I can free up more space on that drive. I would like to install linux on another PC. I am currently running Windows XP pro on 23.97GB of a 40GB hard drive the remaining Space is partitioned for Linux Mandrake. I have not gotten into linux as of yet so it just takes away space from windows on the hard drive. Can anyone assist??

is this a dual boot system linux on one partition and windows on the other ?

Ram911

Ray
Yes I have Windows XP and linux on the other and I get an blue screen with Linux, Linux nonfb, failsafe, windows, floppy, as my choices before startup.

ok you can format the linix partition but you will need to repair the MBR for windows xp to get back into it from the recovery console this 3 commads can get you to boot the windows xp after

FIXBOOT enter
FIXMBR enter
BOOTCFG /REBUILD enter

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts