1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

need more hard drive for a ThinkPad

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rico123, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rico123

Rico123 Account Closed Thread Starter

Hello,

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad X301 with 48-gig hard drive that is insufficient for my needs. Lenovo says that it has a part that would allow me to increase the size of the hard drive but that it is difficult to install.

This is the part: 43N3406. This would replace the current hard drive and cost per $380.

If I am going to open up the ThinkPad I would also like to increase the RAM, which is now 3 gig.

My questions are, how difficult would it be to install the hard drive? Would it be better to get an external hard drive, which would mean carrying around another part? Do you have any general instructions if you think it can be done?

Thanks.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    i would not be spending $380 on a harddrive
    and if you are running a 32bit operating system it wont use much more than 3GB of memory anyway

3. Rico123

Rico123 Account Closed Thread Starter

Thanks. So our external hard drives for the standard for ThinkPads?

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/965875

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice