Need more space

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PrestonOde

I unistalled Chrome thinking Edge would work in its place. But nope. Now i have no space to reinstall after. Now i have no browser to even retrieve my email from Gmail. I am using my cell phone to be part of this forum. I bought the computer a fee years ago. It had only 30 Gig space. But found out win 10 takes up 20 gigs plus raedon takes 4. I just want enough to install chrome or get edge to work.

Can not even download win updates as they take up 6 Gig. I have now, even running cc cleaner free version only 29 Gigs used out of 29.1 Gigs.

Can delete anything else?

I am not sure where 1 gig went?

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What is the make and full model of this computer - a tablet I presume with only 30GB of drive capacity on which you have Windows 10

You could try uninstalling any old versions of windows you may have... it would help if you could provide us with your computer stats.

Press the Windows Key + E to open the file explorer. You should see a drive on there labeled "Windows (C:)." Right click it (long press) and select "Properties." In the window that appears, check the box that says "Compress this Drive to Save Disk Space."

Press Windows Key + R and type "%temp%" and delete everything in that folder. Press the Windows Key + R and type "cleanmgr." Click the button that says "Clean up system files," select everything and click "OK." Press the Windows Key and type "Add or Remove Programs" and press Enter. Scroll through the list of programs and uninstall the ones you no longer need (make sure you know what it is you are uninstalling).

Other options include using online storage like OneDrive (which is built into Windows--you can save files to that folder, have them upload and then delete the local copy and just load it from online), Google Drive or Dropbox (they each have a client application you can download that does pretty much the same things as OneDrive). If you have lots of photos, upload them to Google Photos using the "high quality." Google Photos has unlimited photo/video storage. You could also use a flash drive to save files you don't use often. You can get high capacity flash drives (like a 128GB one) for about $20 nowadays.

Attachments

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Please stay away from compressing ones hard drive. It can and will cause issues later!

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
ted-tanner
Welcome to the site
and just in case you had not realised and to save you, to some extent, wasting your time - see my post 4
Topic started 9 March - PrestonOde has never replied and has never visited the topic since he posted it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online